At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests and, most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when each will say, “I can’t live without them.”
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash’s People First culture, Operational Excellence and Insights that Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food solutions company? Apply now!
Prepares and completes complex tax returns and reports involved with federal, state and local income/franchise taxes as assigned. Ensures that all returns and reports are filed on the required deadlines and proper documentation is available for audits.
– Prepares and completes complex federal, state and local income/franchise tax returns and prepares related correspondence to various federal, state and local taxing authorities.
– Assists in the tax research and tax planning function.
– Prepares and calculates quarterly estimated federal and state income/franchise tax payments.
– Assists with federal and state income/franchise tax audits as assigned.
– Manages the income tax compliance software (Onesource).
– Assists tax manager in the calculation of quarterly and annual tax provision and deferred tax inventory.
– Responsible for compiling state apportionment data.
– Provides information to management concerning business tax matters.
– Develops and maintains relationships with tax authorities, including tax auditors.
– Keeps current on changing regulations and provides recommendations to current processes to ensure company programs and processes remain in compliance.
– Assists in the training and development of other tax department associates.
– Handles other projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. CPA designation a plus.
– Masters in business taxation degree, or working towards, preferred.
– 3 to 5 years’ experience, preferably in the federal and state income tax area.
-Onesource experience, or similar software, preferred.
– Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects with a high level of accuracy and meet critical deadlines.
– Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
As part of our People First culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran, that celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria