SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
JOIN CANNON as a CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER for land development project in SAN LUIS OBISPO. San Luis Obispo is on the beautiful central coast of California, has temperate weather, scenic beaches, is surrounded by the wine country, and offers endless recreational opportunities.
CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER JOB SUMMARY
Under the direction of a project manager, a Civil Design Engineer prepares plans and specifications in connection with the construction or maintenance of various engineering projects.
Supports other civil engineers on a variety of tasks on a wide range of civil land development projects including residential, commercial, and mixed-use developments.
CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER JOB DUTIES
· Designs and prepares drawings for grading, street improvements, storm drains, and sanitary sewer and water lines.
· Performs calculations for basic earthwork, drainage, and grading and / or structural analysis.
· May coordinate with representatives of agencies, utility companies, vendors, material suppliers and contractors to obtain information and guidance.
· Provides field observation and reports.
· Updates the project manager of progress of work and informs him/her of problems and questions.
· Works closely with team members to gain understanding of project requirements and tasks as well as office procedures, policies, and guidelines.
· Complies with company drawing preparation standards.
· Under supervision, prepares opinions of probable cost of construction in company standard format.
· Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited college.
· EIT certification preferred.
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD and or Civil 3D highly desirable.
· Typically has between 0 and 3 years of experience.
WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance, excellent benefits package, remote work flexibility, and an active and positive team building, work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity M, F, disability, protected veteran status
Min: $64,400 – Max: $96,600
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria