Join our team as a Clinical Research Assistant and participate in all research activities as part of the clinical research team located at UCLA/UCLA Santa Monica and Westwood while under the direction of the team
leaders, investigators, Financial Administrative Office, Faculty Director, Medical Director, and Senior Research Director of the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center Clinical Research Unit (JCCC CRU). In this role, you will be responsible for completing the data management of clinical research studies, protocol related tasks,assisting with shipment of specimens, and administrative functions of the oncology research unit, according to good clinical practice, JCCC CRU standard operating policies, and UCLA Institutional Review Board and government regulations.
You will be responsible for collection and transcription of research patient data and study related information into research records and assist with maintenance of study patient files. You will work with study monitors to process and collect data and assist investigators and study coordinators in clinic settings.
Work may be assigned by the manager, team leader, investigator or Senior Management, and assignments may be changed on an as-needed basis in order to ensure that studies and patient care needs are handled appropriately and in a timely manner. The ideal candidate would be available occasionally to work flexible hours to meet study or CRU deadlines and priorities.
* Demonstrated organizational skills to efficiently and effectively provide data management/monitoring support for multiple clinical trials and projects, providing accurate information in a timely manner.
* Demonstrated understanding of confidential information (Protected Health Information).
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work with physicians, administrators, work colleagues, representatives from sponsors and others to achieve maximum efficiency in reaching and maintaining workplace goals in a professional manner.
* Computer skills using PC platform computers with proficiency.
* Demonstrated English writing skills to generate original correspondence, including reports, using correct grammar, syntax, and punctuation.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to shift priorities to meet deadlines.
* Skills in performing duties with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
* Willingness to travel between UCLA Westwood and Santa Monica Clinic.
* Ability to work with a high level of accuracy especially when preparing lab specimens for shipment and/or delivery to clinical research laboratories.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria