Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; moderate typing skills; moderate computer skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; a comprehensive knowledge of all Bank forms and documents used in opening new accounts; a working knowledge of Bank consumer products and services, along with the operating policies and procedures that impact these products; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of experience in banking or a customer service role that involves assessing and meeting the needs of customers and/or solving customer problems is required.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the customer service function of a branch office; supporting the Bank Secrecy Act; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
1. Performs a variety of duties to support the customer service function of a branch office of which the following are illustrative:
a. Delivers an exceptional customer experience while adhering to work guidelines, policies, and regulations.
b. Assist customers in the successful resolution of questions or concerns they may have regarding their account(s).
c. Open and service deposit accounts for customers or prospective customers, including savings, checking, certificates of deposit (CD), money markets, and IRA. Also, close accounts as necessary.
d. Assist customers with service needs, including wire transfers, payroll deduction/direct deposit, check and ATM requests, and statement queries.
e. Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all retail banking products and services.
f. Develops new and expands existing customer relationships by identifying current and potential customer needs and by cross-selling Bank products; refers customers to appropriate team member when necessary.
g. Promotes and utilizes CRM for ongoing sales and service maintenance and lead opportunities.
h. Back up and support Tellers and other branch staff.
i. Assists in the achievement of branch sales goals.
j. Participates in and promotes a teamwork atmosphere in the branch.
k. Performs other duties as assigned.
2. Performs various duties to support the Bank Secrecy Act as follows:
a. Monitors suspicious activity and reports such activity to the Bank Secrecy Operations Officer via the Notice of Suspicious Activity form on the JSSB Intranet site.
b. Completes CTRs for cash transactions that exceed as appropriate.
c. Identifies customer by observance of acceptable ID.
d. Completes all CIP required documentation.
e. Checks OFAC on new customers and non-customers cashing checks.
3. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
4. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the workplace.
5. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g., Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
6. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate Bank personnel.
7. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her area, or to requests from customers, other Bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
1. May serve as a Teller, when required, and within technical abilities.
2. May assist Branch Manager or other lender with documenting loan packets for loan review.
3. May open/close office, always following established security procedures.
4. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Assigned branch location
May assist at other locations as assigned.
2. PC/Computer keyboard
5. Teller Scanner
6. Coin machine(s)
7. Currency verifier
8. Combination lock
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria