Compensation: $19-23+/hr, dep Ed/Exp/Expanded Func
Main purpose is to perform duties that assist the dentist, hygienists and other assistants in the care and treatment of patients. Supports dental team by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials while performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act. Performs duties in the field of reception, chairside assisting, sterilization, inventory and records.
• Educate/Promote oral health through presentations in local schools, civic organizations, community programs and various other entities
• Promote and implement the Preventive Services Program (PSP) in local schools
• Review of health history
• Dental charting
• Take dental radiographs
• Perform infection control and sterilization procedures
• Educate patients about appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
• Counsel patients about nutrition and its impact on oral health
• Assist dentist with the following aspects of dentistry: oral surgery, restorative, prosthodontics, endodontics, and preventive
• Prepare treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols instructed by dentist
• perform patient vitals
• Professional communication amongst team, and patients
• Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions
• Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
• Help patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
• Travel to other dental clinics, as needed
• Other duties as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPOSURE RISK
• Regular exposure to blood and/or body fluids
• Regular exposure to radiation sources
• Regular exposure to fumes and/or gases
• Regular exposure to biohazard waste materials
• Regular exposure to electrical hazards
High School/GED required
• At least two (2) years dental assisting experience preferred
• Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, and office management system software required
• A valid driver’s license and agency established minimum automobile coverage upon hire (or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire) required
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: BLS certification or ability to obtain required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
Employee Assistance Program
Paid time off & Paid Holidays
NHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria