Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Digital Content Editor position supports the production of online content. This position performs a variety of editorial and production tasks, including the creation of website and social media content as well as the maintenance of station website and social media accounts.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assisting in the writing and editing of written excerpts and other information for use on the ALL ARTS website and on social media;
• Assisting in ongoing updating of and content creation for the ALL ARTS website;
• Sourcing, gathering and clearing supporting images;
• Assisting with administrative tasks including but not limited to writing event and program descriptions and updates, creation of social media toolkits, distribution of show materials to external organizations and artists;
• Working collegially with technical and other personnel, media services and other internal departments;
• Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an online editorial role writing for digital or print media; experience working in social media preferred;
• Proficiency with WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Google Drive and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• In-depth understanding of social platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Reddit, YouTube, etc. preferred;
• Experience managing social media for brands that employ video on their accounts preferred.
The position may require onsite work at our offices at Worldwide Plaza, 825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY. Per WNET’s vaccine mandate policy and in accord New York City’s existing vaccine requirement, the successful candidate must show proof that they are fully vaccinated under applicable guidelines.
The WNET Group believes that diversity is about learning from others who are not the same, and that differences such as race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, and other statutorily protected characteristics or other ideologies can enhance the work we do in public media. We believe that as a diverse and inclusive organization, recognizing the unique and multiple perspectives of our employees, we can better fulfill our mission. As a public media institution, our message is enhanced by our diverse workforce where everyone is empowered to make a difference.
WNET is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee’s or an employee’s dependent’s sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
The WNET Group offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary ranges are based on benchmarked nonprofit and industry related data provided by an outside consulting firm and are commensurate with skills and experience. The hiring salary range for this position is $58,500.00 – $62,000.00. Internal equity considerations will be reviewed before making a final offer.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria