The Engineering Intern serves under supervision for a specified period within the occupation and skill area that directly relates to their college engineering degree. We are seeking candidates for Systems, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drafting and Design of aircraft structural and mechanical components, in support of rotorcraft modifications.
• Create 3D Solid Works models as well as associated engineering drawings, using AutoCAD. Determine dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances and fits while maximizing manufacturing capabilities.
• Execute the design of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
• Participate in teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues.
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Transform advanced engineering concepts and basic technical requirements into functional product definition designs. Create definitions of parts, modules, and assemblies in the form of 2D cross-sections, 3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and various electronic data formats to support manufacturing, assembly, tooling, and inspection.
• Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools, and systems
• Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance as it relates to individual parts and overall assemblies (ANSI Y14.5)
• Proficient in trigonometry and descriptive geometry
• Web-based knowledge, word processing, and electronic spreadsheet
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Preference will be given to students who are entering their sophomore, junior or senior year of Engineering Studies.
• Must be enrolled in college to be eligible.
• Study must be focused on Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering or a related field.
• Preference will be given to applicants with SolidWorks CAD backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria