For more than 100 years, our passionate mission of safety empowers us to protect lives.
MSA Safety is a global leader in the development of safety equipment and pioneering technology that helps protect people and facility infrastructures around the world. We are committed to providing the latest in innovative, best-in class safety solutions that feature integrated systems capability and allow our customers to return safely to their families and friends. Every day our customers place their lives in our hands. In response, we provide them with protection they can trust. It is gratifying to lead the way as a source of inspiration. Would you like to join our team of more than 5,000 employees world-wide dedicated to this purpose? We hope so.
We are looking for a dynamic Financial Analyst with strong analytical abilities to join our commercial North American FP&A team. Reporting to the NNA Finance Manager, the candidate will support MSA’s planning and forecasting processes (monthly, quarterly, annual), perform financial analysis, deliver actionable insights to business leaders, and play a key role in MSA’s implementation of Oracle EPM for FP&A applications. The successful candidate has a strong desire to excel in a highly visible role and build skills partnering with various other functional areas including accounting, operations, sales, and marketing teams. Build a rewarding career and help make the world safer, one person at a time.
• Assists in developing the region’s annual and long-range plan
• Supports the monthly forecast process and quarterly business review process
• Completes analysis of monthly results vs. plan and forecast to provide meaningful insight into the company’s financial performance and makes recommendations to business leaders
• Participates in various cross functional monthly meetings with operations, accounting, marketing and sales to drive accurate financial projections and support business decision making
• Supports various regional ad hoc financial requests and initiatives
• Plays a key role in supporting our FP&A transformation, which includes implementing Oracle EPM regionally and integrating new business units into our region
• Works with the global/regional FP&A teams to design and implement best practices to streamline the planning process and provide data-driven insights to business leaders
• Develops and interprets complex financial models to provide executive management with the information needed to make strategic decisions.
• Prepares and delivers presentations to varied internal audiences; effectively communicates financial concepts to non-financial audiences.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP financial statements with strong analytical abilities and strategic thinking.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative problem solving to generate high quality, actionable insights.
• Collaborative business partner that can challenge assumptions, refine, and gain consensus.
• Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
• Demonstrated ability in preparation of executive-level presentations.
• Solid ability to prioritize, organize, and multi-task.
• Proven ability to thrive in a team-based environment.
• Commitment to a continuous improvement mindset, building upon processes to develop efficiencies and to execute successful integrations.
• Working knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Planning & Budgeting Cloud Services (“EPBCS”) and Oracle SmartView analysis tools or other modules in the Oracle EPM suite.
• Familiar with a variety of data systems to create financial reports, dashboards, and analyze business trends including knowledge of SAP ERP, SAP Business Warehouse, and/or Microsoft PowerBI.
• Proven ability to build complex financial models, including valuation models.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or related discipline.
• This position is available at two different career levels based upon experience, education, etc:
o Level I – 2 years of financial analysis experience in a global corporate environment, or public accounting experience serving public multi-national clients
o Level II – 3 years of financial analysis experience in a global corporate environment, or public accounting experience serving public multi-national clients
• Level II: Working towards CPA or CFA
Level I: CPA, CFA, MBA
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria