A Project HSE Manager is an integral member of a project team and they are highly dedicated to the health and well-being of others. In addition to serving as a safety resource for their teammates, their main function is to facilitate Sundt HS&E programs. This position includes three ‘steps’ (I, II and Sr.), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with a short experience in safety and they typically report to another Project HSE Manager. Individuals in step II have the capability of managing small to medium size/complexity projects on their own. Sr Project HSE Managers have several years of experience and the ability to manage larger and more complex projects.
1. Conducts frequent safety walks/inspections of the project and adjacent property.
2. Conducts site-specific safety orientations.
3. Creates, updates, maintains, and facilitates the Project Environmental Management Plan.
4. Creates, updates, maintains, and facilitates the Project Safety Management Plan.
5. Facilitates the Sundt Safety Management and Illness Prevention Systems Manual on the project.
6. Manages emergencies, incidents, and worker’s compensation claims.
7. Reviews and files project safety documentation.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Certifications and licenses: Preferred, but not required- STSC, CHST, ASP, CSP.
2. Education: high school diploma minimum, bachelor’s degree preferred.
3. Experience: At least one year of full-time project safety experience.
4. Good written and verbal communication (proper grammar, spelling, etc.
5. High level of integrity for reporting incidents and events, as well as upholding company policy, personal activities, etc.
6. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
7. Special skills: able to use various computer software and apps proficiently, bi-lingual preferred .
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
2. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
3. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
4. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors.
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
6. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
7. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
8. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day.
9. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis.
10. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
Note: Jobs with the Safety-Sensitive designation are those that include tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others such as operating a vehicle, operating equipment, operating machinery or power tools, repairing/maintaining the operation of any vehicle/equipment, the handling/disposal/transport of hazardous materials, or the handling/treatment/disposal of potentially flammable/combustible materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt is committed to the equal treatment of all employees, and/or applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, genetic information; or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, state, or local laws.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria