Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account, and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
The Human Resources Specialist supports the Associate Director, Human Resources with a focus on benefits, compliance, and reporting. The HR Specialist will have knowledge of Human Resources and will be responsible for day-to-day cross-functional support including but not limited to benefits, human resources compliance, and HRIS data entry. Specific responsibilities include:
• Complete employee transactions ensuring that Workday is up to date and remains accurate: enrollments, beneficiaries, COBRA, terminations.
• Support the development and implementation of policies and procedures; prepare and maintain Employee Handbook.
• Use Workday to compile reports and conduct workforce analytics; assist in preparing and filing EEO-1 and other compliance reports.
• Ensure that all labor law and compliance posters are available and displayed in appropriate areas.
• Prepare ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee information and data, including onboarding, transitions, turnover, etc.
• Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of HR department and service delivery;
• Assist in the administration of Open Enrollment as needed.
• Assist with hiring Fixed term workers using Workday and E-verify.
• Assist with processing bills for benefit premium payments and 403b transmissions.
• Conduct new employee orientation and support other areas of HR as needed.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and management. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Additional qualifications include:
• Three years of experience in human resources.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Workday or other HRIS systems; Advanced Excel skills including macros and pivot tables.
• Familiarity with local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations as well as HR policies, practices, and procedures.
• Analytical skills with the ability to evaluate statistical information.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This is a hybrid position. The incumbent will be expected to work in the New York City offices at least 2 days per week. The WNET Group reserves the right to change and/or modify the hybrid schedule at its discretion. Per WNET’s vaccine mandate policy, the successful candidate must show proof that they are fully vaccinated under applicable guidelines.
The WNET Group believes that diversity is about learning from others who are not the same, and that differences such as race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, and other statutorily protected characteristics or other ideologies can enhance the work we do in public media. We believe that as a diverse and inclusive organization, recognizing the unique and multiple perspectives of our employees, we can better fulfill our mission. As a public media institution, our message is enhanced by our diverse workforce where everyone is empowered to make a difference.
WNET is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee’s or an employee’s dependent’s sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
The WNET Group offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary ranges are based on benchmarked nonprofit and industry related data provided by an outside consulting firm and are commensurate with skills and experience. The hiring salary range for this position is $58,500.00 – $64,000.00. Internal equity considerations will be reviewed before making a final offer.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria