Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew is seeking a motion designer to join our growing Motion Design team! The Junior Motion Designer will report to the Senior Motion Designer. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in design fundamentals, is passionate about design, possesses a strong sense of empathy, loves to help others, enjoys exceeding expectations on even the smallest tasks, communicates effectively, and is eager to learn.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
– Support the work of the Senior Motion Designer
– Fill motion design requests proactively within their area of responsibility
– Nurture and maintain relationships with their stakeholders
– Help establish new design guidelines and standards as needed
– Be an individual contributor for specific motion design projects
– Archive their work in compliance with Design Team standards
– Pioneer the use of new tools and techniques
– Share your learnings with other designers
– Give useful feedback to other designers and stakeholders
– Use tools available to understand our users’ needs
– Effectively elevate concerns to higher-level designers / managers when necessary
– 0-2 years (professional)
– Has a proficient level of competency with most common design and motion design tools, including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, and more
– Understands how to implement principles of motion, pacing, and storytelling
– Understands the video editing and exporting process, and how to package deliverables for video editors.
– Communicates in written and verbal form effectively
– Has experience giving and receiving design feedback
– Able to consistently meet deadlines
– Can follow the lead of more senior designers but also has their own personal viewpoint and can contribute to the ideation process
– Experience translating data into visuals like charts and infographics is also a plus
– Be driven and self-motivated
60-70k *Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
? Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
? U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from a coffee shop, work from your friend’s sofa, or work from…
? Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
? 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
? Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
? Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
? Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
?? WFH stipend: Customize your home office, on us!
?️ Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
? Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria