The Maintenance Technician repairs, maintains, installs and tests machines, works on plumbing, does electrical and HVAC work, and minor construction work as necessary
• Performs routine and preventive maintenance to keep equipment running and in good condition.
• Performs various safety inspections and abatements.
• Observes safety rules and regulations.
• Follows preventative maintenance checklists, inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters and worn parts, lubricates moving parts, and keeps records.
• Plans repairs, consults blueprints, electrical schematics, and ladder diagrams, flow schematics and parts catalog.
• Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to adapt to different situations.
• Work in a team or alone as the particular job/situation requires.
• Be able to lift, push, pull, and/or stand for sustained periods.
• Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to read and write legibly, and keep written records, as required.
• Zeus supply toolbox, but employee supplies own tools.
• Be able to work in temperatures ranging from 30�F to 100�F, and work inside and outside, year round.
• Be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Be able to reach overhead with no difficulties.
• Ability to diagnose problems quickly and solve promptly.
• Be able to work in confined and restricted spaces.
• Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.? Any unscheduled absence or tardy will have a negative impact on our ability to meet our production objectives.
• Physical aspects of the job are defined on the Physical Demands Analysis located in HR.
• Previous experience in industrial maintenance required.
• Graduate of either a standard high school or vocational school.
• Completion of either a two-year electrician training program, electrical technology, manufacturing technology, engineering technology or related program, or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Have thorough knowledge of the standard practices, tools and equipment used in the general industrial maintenance trade.
• Good knowledge of the principles of operation of all types of AC, DC, and SERVO controls and operation of electric motors and controllers, and of mechanical and electrical repair of machinery.
• PLC and electronic experience beneficial.
• Experience and/or solid understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems preferred, but not required.
• Good knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
• Have the ability to adapt available tools and repair parts to specific problems.
• Skill in the use and care of hand, power and basic machine tools.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria