Responsible for performing standard assembly processes, reworks and repairs on manufactured equipment and products.
• Assemble standard equipment and products under general supervision and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Read, interpret and follow blueprints, diagrams, schematics, engineering drawings, specifications, bill of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
• Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards.
• Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
• Perform all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
• Confer with supervisor regarding quality or procedure problems.
• Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes.
• Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and two to ten years related experience.
• Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
• Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
• Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Prior experience in an assembly environment is preferred. Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical assembly is required.
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand C (Constantly) 10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
Walk C (Constantly) 11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
Sit O (Occasionally) 21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently) 51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb O (Occasionally) Push / Pull
Crawl O (Occasionally) 12 lbs or less F (Frequently)
Squat or Kneel F (Frequently) 13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Bend F (Frequently) 26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Vision (Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the position, location, and/or customer.
Lean manufacturing flow line; work outside as well as in a shop environment; shop environment may not have air conditioning.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria