Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Canrig Drilling Technology provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to global customer base, improving the safety and efficiency and environmental footprint of operations. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
The Mechanical Engineer IV designs and develops new products using sound engineering principles. He/she proposes modifications and solutions to problems with existing products. The mechanical engineer performs various engineering calculations including stress analysis. He/She creates bills of material and assembly instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Possess knowledge and skill in the field of hydraulics and fluid power.
• Model mechanical design concepts using 3D Parametric software.
• Perform engineering calculations as required.
• Perform Finite Element Analysis as needed.
• Check drawings produced by designers and drafters.
• Prepare assembly instructions.
• Prepare bills of material.
• Provide technical support to Quality, Manufacturing, and Marketing.
• Interface with vendors and provide technical support.
• Participate in company safety meetings and safety awareness.
• Perform tolerance stack-up verification.
• Other duties maybe assigned.
• Engineering expertise – fluid power, machine design, strength of materials, metallurgy, thermodynamics, and heat transfer.
• This position requires in depth knowledge and expertise in fluid power and hydraulic system design and construction.
• Proficiency in SolidWorks 2018 or later version.
• Knowledge of drilling engineering principles, drilling practices and drilling rigs.
• Knowledge of drafting principles.
• Ability to perform FEA using SolidWorks Simulation package or ANSYS.
• Ability to perform engineering calculations using Mathcad and Microsoft Excel.
• Design creativity.
• Knowledge of manufacturing software.
• Knowledge of oilfield regulatory requirements (e.g. API standards).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and 8-10 years relevant engineering experience with emphasis on hydraulic systems
• Master’s degree in mechanical engineering with 7-8 relevant engineering experience with emphasis on hydraulic systems
• Ability to read, comprehend and write in English.
• Ability to effectively present technical information, to colleagues, customers and vendors.
• As per mechanical engineering degree requirements.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• SolidWorks, EPDM, AutoCAD/DraftSight, Mathcad, and ANSYS
• Manufacturing/inventory software
• Spreadsheet and word processor software
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid Driver License
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Valid passport
• Domestic and international travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to vibration, risk of electrical shock, wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme cold and heat.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria