Compensation: $19.37/hr (MA); $26.37/hr (LPN)
Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $1500 sign-on bonus for Medical Assistants; additional $2500 for Nurses.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
The Medical Assistant/Nurse LPN is part of the person-centered integrated care team and establishes and maintains effective, professional working relationships with patients and their representatives and with medical staff. The Medical Assistant upholds all guidelines set forth in the clinic, maintains strict patient confidentiality, accepts and upholds patient service and satisfaction and assists practitioners and physicians in delivering health care services.
This candidate will work Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
• Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient’s histories, vital signs, and document in patient chart
• Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies
• Perform venipunctures, urinalysis, EKGs and other procedures as directed
• Administer immunizations and other injections
• Phone in patient prescriptions and document accordingly
• Provide patient education and instruction
• Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment, including sterilization
• Assist physicians/nurse practitioners in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals
• Assist with the scheduling of tests and treatments
• Screen telephone callers for appropriate referral, relay messages and documents accordingly
• Maintain patients’ files, records, and other information
• Adhere to standard precautions, as appropriate, i.e., use protective barriers, handle and dispose infectious waste appropriately, proper hand washing
• Follow CLIA and OSHA regulations
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of unit facilities and equipment
• Monitor supply of medical stock, medical supplies, and laboratory needs or order supplies when necessary
• Attend all training as required by Compass Health, Accreditors and Funders
• Meet standards of professional ethical conduct
• Additional duties as assigned to meet clinic needs
High School/GED required
Practical Nursing certificate required, if Nurse LPN
• At least two (2) years of equivalent work experience required if a medical assistant certification is not obtained. Competency review of work experience must be reviewed by Director of Nursing for Primary Care if the experience being considered is not as a medical assistant
• At least two (2) years medical office experience preferred
• Knowledge of medical office terminology, procedures and equipment preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite preferred
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Medical Assistant Certification or LPN or GPN that must pass the MO NCLEX exam within 90 days of graduation required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
Employee Assistance Program
Paid time off & Paid Holidays
NHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria