Are you an experience payroll specialist professional? Are you driven to succeed, and being recognized for your success? Wouldn’t you love to be a part a team where management is focused on nurturing a strong culture? If so come join us at BetterNight.
BetterNight is a professional medical service and supply company, focused on sleep & sleep therapy. Our focus is on diagnosis on sleep apnea through home sleep study and treatment through the use of CPAP therapy or oral appliance therapy.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate processing and recording of payroll, providing timely and accurate financial information, and participating in daily data entry for payroll processing. The Payroll Specialist is a member of the Accounting team and works closely with Human Resources to ensure proper payroll processing and benefit, vacation, holiday, and leave of absence validation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Process multi-state, multi-company bi-weekly payroll.
• Enter and update employee records in the HCMS system, Paylocity.
• Manage and audit employee vacation and sick leave reports to ensure accuracy.
• Audit employee benefit deductions to insurance bills on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy.
• Audit FSA, HSA and 401k accounts monthly to ensure accuracy.
• Reconcile and validate time sheets prior to transmittal of payroll.
• Reconcile and audit payroll prior to transmission and validate post payroll reports.
• Verify payrate changes and process retroactive increases as necessary.
• Assist with completing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and general journal entries.
• Process expense reports prior to running payroll.
• Process garnishment calculations and maintain compliance.
• Prepare manual employee paychecks, such as termination checks, as needed.
• Respond to payroll-related inquiries in a timely manner.
• Reconcile data from various systems, such as Paylocity and QuickBooks.
• Run payroll related reports for Accounting, HR and BetterNightManagement.
• Register Withholding and SUI tax for multi-states jurisdictions.
• Assist with quarterly wage and tax filing requirements, balancing and year end reporting.
• Assist with Annual tax filings, including 940 and 941.
• Assist employees with W2’s issues and complete year end reporting such as ACA.
• Partner with HR on matters such as leaves, benefit enrollment and terminations.
• Possess a detail-oriented mindset and talent for conscientious administration.
• Consistently maintain exemplary interpersonal relations and trust at all levels of the organization.
• Provide first class customer service experience to both internal and external customers.
• Possess exceptional organizational, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency and accuracy.
• Ability to learn quickly and multitask and meet tight deadlines.
• Assists employees with accessing their record/profile on web-based systems to include payroll.
• Performs a variety of clerical duties, including scanning, faxing, copying, typing, emailing, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for keeping all employee details and information orderly, confidential, current and HIPAA compliant at all times
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Must be knowledgeable on State and Federal payroll laws, especially in California
• Solid understanding of employee benefits, such as medical/dental/life/FSA/HSA/transportation, etc. from a payroll perspective is required
• Experience working in QuickBooks and Excel required
• Advanced level of Excel skills including complex formulas, V-look ups and pivot tables required
• Experience working in Paylocity preferred
• Strong commitment to internal and external customer service, friendly, helpful and caring nature is required
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• HS degree or equivalent required; AA, BA or Payroll certification preferred
• Experience must be 3-5 + years in running a California payroll for 150+ employees
• Experience in multi-state jurisdictions preferred
• DME (Durable Medical Equipment) experience or healthcare industry is a plus
BetterNight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 4I CFR 60-I.35(C).
$22.00 – $25.00 per hour
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria