BACKGROUND: Universal Industrial Gases, LLC. (UIG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor and a well-established, global engineer, constructor, supplier and operator of air separation plants and related equipment and services, based in Bethlehem, PA. UIG owns and operates production plants across the USA which supply both Nucor steel sites and third-party clients 24/7 with tonnage quantities of oxygen, nitrogen and argon as well as exporting liquid cryogenic products by road tanker.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: UIG is currently seeking a Process Engineer. I The Process Engineer I will be primarily responsible for developing process engineering designs and specifications for UIG air separation plant projects and commercial proposals. Responsibilities include:
• Analyze costs and benefits of various process solutions and select optimum design cases for the system and the equipment.
• Perform and maintain calculations, write process specifications, and provide accurate process data to support compressor, air chiller, adsorption systems, distillation columns, coldboxes, control valves, relief valves, manual valves, pumps, heat exchangers, tanks, pipeline measurement equipment, analyzers, silencers, cooling towers, and other air separation equipment components specifications and purchasing.
• Participate in P&ID development, plant commissioning, technical risk analysis, safety and environmental assessments and documentation, ASU troubleshooting and investigations.
• Ensure successful completion of assigned project phases within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
• Review technical aspects of vendor equipment proposals.
• Review and check project specific drawings and data sheets to ensure compliance with design criteria and standards.
• Participate in the development and implementation of process performance test specification for air separation plants.
• Interface with customers and suppliers as required.
• Stay current with new process technologies.
• Keep current with state-of-the-art industrial gas tools, design practices, methods and concepts.
• Assist in development of department best practices, processes, procedures, tools, as well as standard specifications and data sheets.
• Collect and maintain Lessons Learned log and assist with the company continuous improvement effort.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
1. Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering
2. Experience with process simulation tools
3. Willingness to travel up to 20%
4. Excellent computer and Microsoft Office Software skills
5. Effective communication skills both written and verbal as well as effective problem-solving skills
1. Experience with cryogenic separation systems.
2. Experience with non-cryogenic adsorption-based systems.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria