Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
We are looking for a Product Engineer to join our team in Smithville, TN. The Product Engineer provides engineering support to the manufacturing processes and will design, install, and maintain production processes to fulfill customer requirements. Responsible for flawless launches of new product, model year, engineering changes, and support of continuous improvement initiatives.
Key activities :
* Provide prototype product manufacturing support for customer application projects including prototype tooling and hardware procurement, process definition and optimization, parts manufacture, product fingerprinting, quality history development.
* Provide support and guidance to customer application engineering in establishing customer agreed product drawings and specification to meet both internal requirements and customer aspirations (process capability, etc).
* New product industrialization from prototype to volume manufacturing equipment including process optimization for replication of prototype product properties in the volume manufacturing environment.
* Process optimization for maximum new product property robustness versus established/proposed product specification requirements.
* Interface between site production operations departments / functions & off-site product development, testing and applications engineering staff.
Job Requirements :
* Graduate level degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Materials Science or similar.
* Sound technical understanding of material technology, specific knowledge of organic engineering composites.
* Demonstrable multiple project management & team-working skills.
* Good communicator and ability to build effective relationships easily.
* Structured thinker, methodical, with an eye for detail.
* Sound technical appreciation of Manufacturing Engineering & machine design.
* Sound understanding of technical drawings & marking / tolerance standards.
* Comprehensive practical competence in use of statistical problem solving / analytical tools and experimental design methods.
* Comprehensive understanding of the requirements & practical application of QS9000 & ISO TS quality systems.
* Flexiblity in working hours & occasional foreign travel.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria