•Responsible for leading the successful delivery of large infrastructure technology programs and projects following Northern Trust’s (NT) standards and best practices.
Level 2, minimum of 5+ years’ experience
• Experience leading infrastructure technology projects and leading teams to execute highly complex initiatives of significant scope, scale and risk to successfully deliver project objectives and benefits.
• Program/project management expertise including working knowledge and application of Waterfall, Hybrid and/or Agile methodologies.
• Skillful in adopting corporate project management standards (which incorporate PMI standards), IT controls, risk and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrated ability leading multiple concurrent projects.
• Results-oriented and bias for action and execution.
• Sound problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Adept at navigating a matrixed environment, influence, inform, and collaborate with all levels of the organization.
• Strong communication skills to effectively share information, collaborate and drive results ensuring the appropriate level of engagement from all members of the project team.
• Ability to easily process and synthesize information from various sources and simplify the complex.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Self-starter with an ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage ambiguity.
• Thrive in a team environment and work well with others.
• General familiarity with infrastructure technology (Servers / Storage / Network / Database / Middleware).
• Familiarity working with PPM Tools such as Clarity and other tools including Service Now, Jira, Azure DevOps, etc.
• Solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite including MS Project, SharePoint, and Teams, etc.
• PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) certification
Nice to Haves:
• Experience in a large financial services firm or highly regulated industry a plus
• Experience leading application development initiatives
• Voice (Avaya to Cisco), ideally Contact Center project experience
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Lead project team to successfully deliver project objective and benefits providing required oversight to ensure control of scope, schedule, resources and cost.
• Provide structured project management leadership, ensuring clear roles and responsibilities for all project team members, defining phases, and identifying deliverables/milestones.
• Develop project plans, provide executional leadership, and track progress on project goals.
• Ensure adherence to Northern Trust project standards, Infrastructure Technology controls, risk and regulatory requirements.
• Provide timely communications on project status including scope, schedule, dependencies, resource, and/or budget as well as articulate key risks/issues and associated impacts including risk remediation and issue mitigation.
• Manage stakeholder expectations and motivate project team.
• Partner with stakeholders to plan for and manage project resources.
• Facilitate discussions and working sessions across the various teams involved in the project.
• Establish and execute against project communication plans.
• Escalate in a timely manner to the appropriate party(ies) to address decisions needed, the removal of road blocks and other obstacles or constraints.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria