Summary: The successful candidate will provide engineering, manufacturing and project management support to the Product Development Segment of the UEM Engineering Dept. This includes supporting the product lines for this segment through the design, development, manufacturing, and validation phases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling constraints
• Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of systems and / or end products
• Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy and regulatory compliance.
• Provides technical support for the engineering process.
• Familiar with a variety of the oilfield services industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures
• Leads and directs the work of other team members assigned to a project or multiple projects
• Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
• Includes design engineering, SolidWorks 3D modeling, drawing creation, reverse engineering, component selection, and project management.
• Ability to perform engineering calculations and specify components required to meet project / product specifications
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and requires multitasking of projects
• Ability to direct multiple complex and fast-paced engineering projects simultaneously
• Will take direction from segment leader and/or engineering manager
• Will have interaction with clients and is expected to perform in a professional manner and present a professional image at all times.
• Some travel may be required
• Requires Bachelor Degree in Engineering-Related Discipline (BSME / BSMET recommended)
• 5-7 years of experience in a related field required, with 1-3 years of Project Management experience
• Licensed PE in State of OK preferred
• Advanced knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electro-hydraulic systems (IFPS Fluid Power Certification)
• Knowledge of applicable equipment codes and requirements (DNV, OSHA, Zone 2, EPA, etc).
• Minimum 3 years prior working knowledge of oilfield service equipment required
• Advanced understanding of Mechanical Engineering Principles including but not limited to Stress, Strain, Factor of Safety, Strength of Materials, Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Rigid Body Mechanics, Etc.
• Meets all qualifications set forth for a Project Engineer II
• Must be highly self-motivated and able to produce quality work in a timely manner
• Assist in the creation and continuous improvement of company products
• Identify and implement solutions to unique and complex problems
• Required to follow all company and departmental procedures
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to occasionally climb ladders and crawl underneath trailers
• Work in the office as well as the shop floor
• Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling and crouching
• Occasionally exposed to cold, heat, noise, mechanical/electrical fume or odor.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to work with fingers.
• Normal vision with or without corrective lenses.
The job description describes a general category of duties and responsibilities and should not be considered an all-inclusive list of work requirements. Employees may be assigned additional duties in lieu of those described above and are subject to change according to the needs of UE Manufacturing.
Bachelors or better.
5-7 years: Related Field
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria