Hearst’s Media Platforms division is Hearst’s internal product, technology and design group, which spans both CDS Global and Hearst Magazines. Media Platforms is looking for a Python Senior Software Engineer to build performant applications using a modern Python stack. You will be working on the app that is the first point of contact for the 150 million people that we reach through our iconic and diverse brands mentioned above. And that’s just the United States, our global reach is even larger. At Media Platforms, our technology, tools, services and solutions touch hundreds of millions of lives by driving experiences, and growing businesses. Our team of engineers, product managers, data scientists and designers build a suite of products to lead the way in shaping and managing the future of publishing.
What You’ll Do
Build the next generation of our world class publishing platform using industry leading providers and technologies serving Hearst’s many acclaimed brands.
Participate in product and software design discussions, working directly with other engineers, product and design teams, DevOps, and other stakeholders.
Use well-reasoned, appropriate design patterns and best practices.
Who You Are
1. You take initiative to constantly improve individually and as a part of a team.
2. You have 5+ years of experience building web applications and services.
3. You have the ability to take a feature to full completion – from inception through design, implementation, delivery, and post-release in an iterative agile environment.
4. You have 3+ experience with the client and server-side programming in React, Node.js, Python, and other similar languages.
5. Experience using Docker / Docker Compose for local development.
6. Cloud development – Kubernetes on Amazon AWS or Google Cloud.
7. You have experience designing database schemas, querying for data, and optimizing existing queries in PostgreSQL.
8. You write tests to guarantee the quality, modularity, and maintainability of your code.
9. You have an understanding of, and experience with concurrent and asynchronous programming and relational and non-relational databases and data models.
10. You have a CS degree or equivalent real-world experience and knowledge of CS fundamentals.
11. You have strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
12. You’re an effective communicator.
Minimum starting salary is $72,592.00 to a maximum salary $119,059.20.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, CDS Global requires individuals who access our facilities to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
EOE/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria