When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 technology company that delivers industry-specific solutions that include aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help aircraft, buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry and is on the leading edge of sustainability as part of our next revolution. We are creating the change that is changing energy! For more information visit www.uop.com.
We have an exciting new opportunity as a Senior Human Resource Generalist in our Des Plaines, IL team.
Utilize your HR knowledge while partnering with leaders and peers to drive our business objectives. You will work with cross-functional teams and leaders actively supporting culture, employee engagement, resourcing, organizational development and talent agendas.
We seek someone who has skills to:
• Develop business partnerships – you will drive real business results and positively impact the P&L and be an emerging business leader yourself
• Maintain our high standards of integrity and ethics – through word, action and support of leaders/employees
• Drive high engagement and employee belonging – play and active role in understanding employee feedback and working with leaders to make a positive impact
• Facilitate culture initiatives – forward leaning to realize a transformed culture and overall performance of the business
• Continuously improve – yourself and the function
• Positively impact business results making decisions using data – we take our results personally; we run our HR organization together, we use data to make decisions and our say/do ratio is high
• Support and develop yourself and those around you – we support each other and grow our team and the global business teams that we support
• Provide direct HR partnership with leaders within a global organization; aligned and partnering with our regional HR team members
• Support key HR processes including talent and performance management, succession planning/execution, compensation planning, organizational design and employee relations
• Facilitate change initiatives and organizational effectiveness in supported client groups
• Build credibility and effective working relationships with managers and employees; drive positive employee relations
• Participate in special projects that support the strategic business and HR objectives of UOP
•5 + years Human Resources experience
•Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
•Strong technical HR skills, including legal and process compliance
•Ability to influence leaders and others
•High ability to handle multiple priorities under tight timeframes and navigate in a highly matrixed environment
•Ability to influence and coach leaders
• Previous experience working in large, global businesses demonstrating an understanding of how to effectively manage/balance cultural and organizational dynamic nuances
•Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
• Customer focused, both internally and externally
• Strong employee relations skills, including ability to work in teams and drive positive employee relations
• Drive to succeed, including Continuous Improvement focus
• Highest level of integrity and ability to keep information confidential
• Advanced degree (MBA or MA/MS)
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, E-Mail, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems a plus (i.e. PeopleSoft)
• Generalist background supporting engineering/technical, sales clients and/or complex
• Six Sigma green belt certification
Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) is a foundational principle at Honeywell, both because it’s the right thing to do and because it is a fundamental enabler for our business. We actively recruit, develop and retain talent from diverse backgrounds and cultures who bring different experience, perspectives, abilities and ideas. We foster an inclusive environment in which all employees feel valued, respected and accepted.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria