Are you looking for an opportunity with plenty of growth potential? Do you enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced, collaborative environment? Are you interested in working with the world’s most innovative companies to create a more connected world?
Connecting Continents. Impacting Communities.
The backbone of the Internet is a series of high-tech subsea fiber optic cables deployed throughout the globe – SubCom has deployed over 50% of them. Our employees ensure data communications networks are engineered, manufactured, deployed, and maintained to the highest standards, enabling faster and more reliable connectivity to communities worldwide. Every member of the SubCom team plays a role in an end-to-end process that is critical to enterprises, governments, big cities, and rural towns.
We encourage, expect, and value creativity, thoughtful risk taking, openness to change, and diverse perspectives. Whether you’re a seasoned applicant seeking a new and exciting challenge, or you’re new to the workforce and looking for a flexible, rewarding, and fast-paced position with an innovative and stable organization (since 1953), SubCom has opportunities to advance your career.
The role of a Senior Quality Engineer is to ensure Continuous Process Improvement and maximize customer satisfaction for internal and external customers. This will involve collecting, analyzing, and reporting KPI data for our manufacturing processes. Of key importance is the ability to quickly identify and correct negative trends. This position will be the lead contact and work closely and collectively with Engineering, Operations, Lean Operating Systems, Project Management, R&D, and Corporate Quality to achieve these goals. This is a hands-on position requiring equal time both in the office and on the factory floor.
· Lead the Analysis and reporting of KPI data – daily, weekly, monthly reporting.
· Lead Statistical analysis of manufacturing process capability.
· Lead Statistical analysis of measurement systems.
· Lead Continuous Improvement within the factory – Promote and Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the factory with the use of Lean Manufacturing tools such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Mistake Proofing, Measurement System Analysis, and Statistical Process control (SPC).
· Lead problem solving activities using a structured, disciplined approach.
· Customer collaboration / interface – Periodic evaluation of Customer quality performance and support addressing Customer complaints. Monitor quality investigations and step in to facilitate if escalated by the Customer.
· Responsible for Supplier quality issues as well as to help facilitate changes to suppliers and supplier processes/products in a way that minimizes risk and impact to SubCom and its customers.
· Develop new quality assurance standards for new and emerging products.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality or related technical field required. MS/MBA preferred.
· 8+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment required.
· Six Sigma Green/Black belt.
· Demonstrated expertise in quality tools, practices and procedures.
· Working knowledge of concepts of probability and statistics as well as aide in updating/establishing SPC and Gage R&R studies.
· Excellent communication and coaching skills at all levels from the shop floor to top management.
· Proficiency and demonstrated ability to make independent, informed decisions.
· Experience in auditing both internal processes/systems as well as auditing of suppliers.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Candidates for positions with SubCom must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our selection procedure is based on local, state and federal law.
Please be sure to attach a resume to your application. We are not able to consider applications without a resume.
SubCom offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to: competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance coverages, FSA, HSA, generous vacation, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) plan with generous company match. Additionally, some positions may be eligible for shift differential.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY
SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation.
SubCom engineers, manufactures, and installs subsea fiber optic data cables – the unsung heroes of global communication. With an unrelenting focus on quality, reliability, and value, SubCom offers flexible end-to-end building blocks for the high-tech networks that are the backbone of the world’s digital infrastructure. Since 1955, SubCom has deployed enough cable to circle the equator more than 21 times.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria