We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is searching for a Technical Product Manager. This role can be fully remote, or alternatively work out of our office in Broomfield, Colorado.
The Technical Product Manager is responsible for product management at the engineering team level, including product strategy. They lead in breaking down epic requirements provided by the Product Manager into user stories and define acceptance criteria for their team. They communicate early and often with other members of the Product Management team making sure features meet original requirements and will exceed customer expectations. They partner with their development team to create a realistic delivery plan that accommodates velocity constraints. They report on Epic progress and have a strong grasp of the individual work items within. They focus on enabling their team to be successful. They complete the process by taking responsibility for the acceptance of completed work items.
· Ability to own and manage a backlog of work with justifiable prioritization techniques.
· Ability to independently manage and prioritize various work streams with competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience understanding a Product strategy and vision to continuously communicate how the team’s work contributes to it.
· Responsible for creating user stories, with well-defined value statements and acceptance criteria.
· Proficient at breaking down large deliverables into trackable milestones.
· Skilled at communicating with business stakeholders and proactively developing solutions that address customer problems and objectives.
· Represent customer perspective and communicate the value-add to their team during release planning and execution.
· Contribute to roadmaps, strategy, and vision and develop timelines to drive action and set realistic expectations.
· A proven utility player who can be flexible and adapt quickly based on guidance from different stakeholders.
· An innate curiosity and desire to continually dig deeper for understanding and improvement.
· Relationship builder able to clearly communicate complex ideas.
· Ability to facilitate requirements gathering sessions with cross-functional product teams and customers.
· Participate in retrospectives and use results to improve future iterations.
· Continuously improve documentation and introduce efficiencies to processes.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in technology or business with excellent professional verbal & written English skills.
· 2 years of specific product ownership experience in an agile environment, either directly or as a responsibility of another role.
· Demonstrated ownership and accountability of customer-driven results in an end-to-end lifecycle for software products.
· Organizational experience in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities without close supervision.
· Ensure a good balance between feature set development and technical debt.
· In partnership with the engineering team lead, play an active role in resolving blockers preventing successful completion of tasks.
Highly Valued Additional Skills:
· Knowledge of Alteryx Server product
· Experience with Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence)
· Previous experience working with IT personas to administer Server
· Understanding of user management and governance
· Exposure with technical challenges related to account management, licensing, or software administration
· Agile certifications (specifically CSPO, CSM)
· Customer Success, Support, or Enablement experience
· Strong project management skills, including managing a project plan and tracking actions, risks, issues, and decisions.
Alteryx is committed to fair, equitable, and transparent compensation. Final compensation will be determined by various factors such as your relevant work experience, education, certifications, skills, and geographic location. The salary range for this role in Colorado is $88,400 – $150,300
In addition, you may be eligible for additional compensation, such as a bonus and stock grants. Employees may also be eligible for a wide range of other benefits, including medical, retirement, financial, wellness, time off, employee discounts, and others.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria